Wednesday, March 19, 2008

#13: I Can Hear Tha Sirens Coming...

Over at my DJ partner-in-crime Grammar's other blog Black Country Grammar he's been discussing the various virtues of Midfield General's 'Disco Sirens'.

Announced by Radio 1's Annie Mac as "Justice vs Soulwax... What happens when Justice and Soulwax make a track together" (um?) the track actually features on the General's 'General Dissaray' record (set to drop April 28) and features production from Xavier from Justice, mixing skillz from David Dewaele of Soulwax and vocals from Bumblebeez.

I'd also bet those are the sirens from Soulwax's Samantha Fu record 'Theme From Discotheque'...

Anyway, this being Shoplifters, we're interested in the remixes and there's a tidy package backing up the track from Boy 8-Bit, D.I.M. and Them Jeans.

My pick's the latter, but to be honest it's only a matter of time before it becomes the siren you love to hate as it gets rinsed to bits across the summer.

Hold Steady,
JC

MP3 Midfield General - Disco Sirens (Boy 8 Bit Short Vocal Mix)
MP3 Midfield General - Disco Sirens (D.I.M. remix)
MP3 Midfield General - Disco Sirens (Them Jeans edit)

No comments: