Monday, March 3, 2008

#8: Fickle

Over at my other blog, I expressed a rather enormous amount of displeasure at Hot Chips lead single off their new album, Made in the Dark. "Ready for the Floor" in it's original form sounded more scary than I thought: Apparently Kylie had cast it off, but the 'Chip thought it was so good they kept it for themselves.

While I stand by my initial opinion, I must admit to the remixes growing on me. The Jesse Rose remix is good, the extended mix is too (until the vocal kicks in anyway), and I've played the Soulwax remix out quite a few times and it's always gone down well. And now, I find a new, smooooooooooth version that Hot Chip themselves have done, and while it's strange, it's actually quite good.

Not always does a new version of a track sound better, but certainly in this case it proves you can indeed polish (or redesign) a turd. Check it out.

MP3 Hot Chip - Ready for the Floor (Smooth Out RnB Version)

PS - Apparently, MTV Brazil ran a TV competition to find a new lady for "the most excellent" Bonde Do Role. Check out the new line-up over at Mad Decent.

No comments: