Tuesday, April 1, 2008

#18: Later... With Shoplifters

Just like buses, you wait ages for a Jon Claude post (maybe) and then two come along at once.

Anyway, tonight is the first ever live Later With Jools Holland, a show I have a fair amount of love for, so I thought I'd blog it. Live. Shoplifters style.

First up is Estelle which reminded me I've been looking for an excuse to post about the UK's number one. Kano's stepped in for Kanye but was given approx half a second to flow, and meanwhile, here's the Danger! remix of 'American Boy'. It kicks at 2'36"...

MP3 Estelle feat. Kanye West - American Boy (Danger Remix)

Next up it's Adele, a young talent that we last saw at Manchester's Matt & Phred's Jazz Cafe. She's been completely smothered in strings and housewife-friendly production since. Shame. Here's the recent dancefloor friendly version of her debut single 'Hometown Glory'.

MP3 Adele - Hometown Glory (Night Facilities Remix)

For some reason The Only Ones are wheeled out to perform their hit 'Another Girl Another Planet'. More surprising is that singer Peter Perrett is still alive. Who knew? Hell, the man makes Doherty look straight edge. Here's The Replacements ace cover...

MP3 The Only Ones - Another Girl Another Planet (Only Ones cover)

Next up is James Taylor performing a strong that played a big part of my childhood 'Sweet Baby James', and then onto The Black Kids doing 'I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You'. A contender for single of the year (2007 and 2008), here's the incredible remix from The Twelves...

MP3 Black Kids - I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You (The Twelves remix)

As I said, incredible. All for now,

Hold steady
JC

No comments: